WE care about sea matters
GM Citizen of the Year 2010
I am honored by the fact to be chosen by the committee for this prestigious nomination.
Of GM and The
Herald “Citizen of The Year”
Winner in the category: Environment and Tourism.
The Herald GM Citizen of the Year Environmental winner Rainer Schimpf:
My special congratulations to all winners in each category and spesifically to Banks Gwaxula the overall Winner!
If it was not for the support and love of my wife Petra and
the support by my son Jonas I would not be able to protect the environment with the same passion! Thanks!
As well I see this nomination as a motivation and a new start, a start to create even more awareness of environmental issues focusing as well on the marine and Algoa Bay.
The threat to the potential World Heritage Site Algoa Bay is real.
Algoa Bay as a unique ecosystem needs acknowledgement and highest protection possible.
By creating awareness films and in future awareness books the NGO Ocean Messengers will be reaching all of you as well as our future generation in all schools in the Eastern Cape and in all of South Africa.
The diverse biodiversity in the Eastern Cape with 5 biomes, more than 20 private Game Reserves, huge areas of National Parks, Nature Reserves and MPAs.
This and more details are evidence to proclaim Algoa Bay with its unique Marine Diversity to a World Heritage Site.
- Huge attraction to tourists and conservationists
- 70 % of the surface of the Earth is water.
- Water is the essence of life to us humans.
- Without water we would only find deserts on land.
- Sea water is covering most of Planet Earth.
- Correctly we are actually living in a water world!
- The name “Blue Planet” stands for itself!
- We need to become conscious of this fact and handle accordingly.
- Sewage unprocessed in Algoa Bay – NO
- Oil pollution in Algoa Bay – NO
- Industrial waste fluids and sludge in Algoa Bay – NO
- Potentially harmful industry as presently planned in Coega – NO
- A responsible management of our treasures in Algoa Bay – YES
- You as people and inhabitants, municipalities and industries need to pre-act.
- Reaction means you have lost – otherwise Algoa Bay will inevitably be destroyed.
Please help Ocean Messengers to raise awareness.
- Help Ocean Messengers receiving enough funds to pre-act and to create enough education to promote environmentally friendly tourism which will provide more long-term secure jobs for generations to come instead of a short term rape of our environmental resources and the destruction of our children’s future.
non profitable Company